So about the amazing nunnery (Kloster) that I stayed in for the four weeks of my German language crash course.
It's about 800 years old. It was first used as a nunnery, then as a school, and now it is used as a hostel for various groups (dance, sports, etc).
It's absolutely beautiful... Picture Perfect.
It's huge with millions of rooms, wings, an attic, and a cellar to explore. I also really liked all the old antiques that are throughout the Kloster: old sewing machines, old school desks and chairs, an old sleigh...
I loved my room. It was small, but roomy enough for me. The bed was also surprisingly comfortable. I was also happy that I got a single room (only a few girls had to share).
The TV only had 5 channels... but I was able to watch some of the Olympics. It was also really funny to see the German versions of normal American shows like: Simpsons, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader, and so on...
The food was pretty good too (though I really miss my mom's delicious cooking!). Every breakfast was the same: bread, cheese, meat, and three choices of cold cereal. Lunches and dinners consisted of varying types of meat, cheese, and potatoes.
Hedersleben is an extremely small, but also a very cute town. It takes about 15 minutes to walk around the whole town, which consists of 5 main streets, 2 stores, a post office, and a bank.
I hope you enjoyed this update! I love it here in Germany!
Friday, September 19, 2008
The Kloster
Posted by Allegra Bel at 4:14 PM
Labels: Language Camp
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment