My day:
Woke up early, cleaned my room, and then ate a delicious breakfast. After that I borrowed Matthias' bike and rode about 8-10 miles along the Rhine River. It was absolutely gorgeous!!! I can't believe the thought that I'm actually here in Germany, riding a bike along a river I've previously only heard of in books. I am so grateful for this opportunity to be staying here in Germany. (And I'll be posting pictures of the Rhine River soon... Sorry I haven't done it yet Shannon!)
After my refreshing bike ride, I took a shower, and then ate a scrumptious lunch. Heidi made noodles and some kind of chicken sauce. She is such a wonderful cook and makes delicious food.
After that Laura and I went to Bonn. I was planning to go just so I would be out of the house and seeing Germany. Laura decided that she wanted to tag along, and I was more than happy to have her with me. (She is such an awesome little sister and a great friend). While where there in Bonn, the missionaries from my church called me and wanted me to meet with them. So we met in front of the McDonalds in front of the Hauptbahnhof (the main train station in Bonn), and then went to a nearby store/restaurant. There they taught me a lesson (when they have lots of appointments drop out, they like to meet with members and practice teaching lessons. Yep, so we were there for about 30 minutes. Then after that Laura and I walked around some more in Bonn. Then since she had horse jumping lessons at 4 pm, Dieter picked us up at 3:30pm and took us home.
Right when I got home, Meg (a exchange student from Iowa who goes to my church) showed up with a few of her friends from her exhange program. They have a seminar this weekend in Youth Hostel in Bad Honnef, about 7 minutes from where I live. They had to complete a "Better or Bigger" activity, and since Meg knows me and my host family, she called Heidi and asked for help. My host family was super amazing, they gave Meg and her friends tons of things for the activity. (I really do have a perfect host family!)
After this, about 20 minutes later, two friends from school came to my house. We made Snickerdoodles (with my awesome Baking Soda and Cream of Tartar from the US) and Rice Krispy Treats. Yum yum. Then we also watched a movie and played a bunch of games. We had a lot of fun!
Then when after they left, I went up to my room. There, outside my door, I found a package of gummy bears (no longer an unusual event). Dieter always sets chocolate or gummy bears by my door. I am seriously so spoiled in this family!!! Oh yeah, then tonight Dieter was also talking about traveling to Paris and Belgium. YAY!
Saturday, January 17, 2009
A Superb Saturday
Posted by Allegra Bel at 11:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh!! I'm so happy that you rode your bike along the Rhine!!! I can't wait to see the pictures : )
Post a Comment