You have no idea how happy I am for Winter Break. :D
I seriously can't wait to be out of school. I mean, school isn't horrible, but it's not exactly ideal either. I am often so lost in classes cause my German isn't superb yet, or I'm zoning out cause I'm just too exhausted to concentrate on understaning German. It's crazy how much energy is sucked out of you when you're trying to understand the world in a different language. It's also just awkward to be in class. I can't participate, or if I try then everybody stares at the American girl trying to speak German. They all say that I speak good German, but I feel quite the opposite.
Last week in my Religion class, the discussion was about why people believe in God and about the different beliefs of creationism (I think). Then suddenly my Religion teacher, who often completely ignores me, turned to me and asked me something about how religion is taught in schools in America. I was caught completely off guard. I wasn't even sure if I was understanding what they were talking about. So hoping that I was understanding right, I pretty much told him that that we don't have religion classes, and that we only learn about evolution in Biology. Sheesh, every single person staring at me as I struggled to explain this in my not-so-good German. Then my Religion teacher politely smiled, thanked me, and continued talking about something or other. I don't know if I had understood correctly or what. Ha...oh well.
Yep, so only 5 more days. Friday evening I'm going with my host parents to see Laura perform in the school musical. Then right after that we are leaving for Austria. I'm so excited! We're going to be gone for 10 days, and 8 of those days are skiing!!!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
5 days left of school!!!!
Posted by Allegra Bel at 2:59 PM
Labels: Cultural Shock, School
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment