CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Life is still good.

So life has been pretty normal lately, and I absolutely love it. I feel like I'm finally getting adjusted to the German way of life.

Last week, I cooked a Thanksgiving dinner with help from my friend, Anya (she's from Utah and is here in Germany for a year working as a nanny). The dinner turned out really good, and my host family enjoyed it. We had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, broccoli, cauliflower, rolls, and a cranberry drink. Then for dessert, we had two delicious apple pies and a ice cream pie topped with the best homemade hot fudge ever! Yum yum. :)

Oh and then the next night after Thanksgiving, I went with my host family to dinner at their friend's house. It was apparently a traditional French meal with a course served every hour. We didn't start dinner until 8:00pm and didn't finish until 12:30am. This was the longest dinner of my life, and I was so tired...

School is getting better, but I'm happy that Christmas break is only two and a half weeks away. Then I leave for a week with my host family to go skiing on the Alps in Austria. I'm super excited!!!

0 comments: