CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 11, 2009

A Day at a Time - Part 2

Monday

I really do love Mondays. A fresh start to a new school week. It really helps that I start my days out with two hours of English class. :D I love that part. Today in English class, we talked about advertisements and how to analyze them. Then we were given an assignment to work in groups to design and advertise a product. My group was excited to have me....the native speaker.

After English we had our Breakfast Pause. Today was a little different. Instead of going to the cafeteria to pick up our brotchen, we had to go to the gym where we had an assembly in honor of the Schloss Hagerhof Girls Basketball Team. This past weekend they won the championship....during the entire season they haven't lost a game. Pretty good (but that's also why Schloss Hagerhof is well-known as a sport school). Anyways, back to the assembly....nothing like American high schools. Although it was the most school spirit I've seen here in Germany, it was hardly any "real" school spirit. I really don't know how to explain it, but hey, I'll just leave it at that our normal Breakfast Pause was changed....we did get our brotchen after the assembly, but then we had to hurry to class.

My next class was German. We are currently reading "Die Physiker" and doing a project over the book. I've spent lots of time reading and rereading the book in order to understand what's going on. Now that I have adequate understanding, I'm working on the project, but am not very far. I'll have to finish that up this weekend...

After the two hours of German class, I went to the Bibliothek (library) for the afternoon pause before lunch. There I read a Jane Austin book, Northanger Abbey, which I happened to find in the school library (yeah, it's in English, shame on me...but I have to reward myself after working so hard with that book for my German class).

Then finally it was lunch time! Yummy noodles with a creamy white sauce.

After lunch, I had a free hour, which I used to read another 100 pages of Jane Austin. Then around 2pm I headed to my Chemie (Chemistry) class. Start of class we were told that we wouldn't be doing "speed-dating" but instead "speed-learning". We were given a packet of information about alcohol, split into small groups, and then had to prepare presentations about our information. Then the last 30 minutes of class, we presented what we learned. It was quite interesting.

After school, I went home and crashed in my bed. For some reason or other, I'm so exhausted!!! Then I woke up, did my homework, made Kaiserschmarrn (delicious!) with Heidi, helped around the house, spent time doing lots of nothings, then went to bed. Pretty exciting, huh?

0 comments: