After 26 hours of traveling, I'm HOME! But it's different, or I'm different. So that just makes it hard.
A friend from my CBYX group wrote this, but it describes my exact feelings:
but on top of that ... my heart is still in germany. i'm trying so hard to just be brave and it'll all be ok. i'm trying to just take in all the good and leave out anything i now consider badAlso, adding something, it's hard for me to speak only English. I can no longer throw in those German words and still be understandable. It was really hard while I was traveling too. When saying thank you or asking a question to strangers, it naturally came out in German. That was followed by a weird/confused look from the stranger. Oops.
it's soooo hard to get off the plane and hear english exclusively and be looked down upon for speaking something else, it's hard to throw all your trash away in one container, it's hard to see friends you've come to realize things about that you don't want to, it's hard to sleep in a bed that is not my own in a room without rolladas in a house that is huge and has air-conditioning but no heating. it's all so very hard .. and it's only the beginning
Well, time to start a new chapter in my life. I hope I'll get through this reverse cultural shock quickly. :D
1 comments:
Allegra Bel!
Viel Glück with the adjustment.
You're always great so I have no worries!
Post a Comment